Sunday, November 16, 2014

Nov. 10th to Nov. 16th

Monday, 11/10--Off

Tuesday, 11/11--Intervals w/Run Wild Missoula

3 min. @ 5k pace x 6 w/1 min. rests, ~50 min. with warm up and cool down

This was the first cold (below 20 degrees) workout of the year, with temps hovering around 10.  I felt a little flat, running about 6 min. pace efforts, but didn't feel like pushing it.  Only three of us made it out this week!

Wednesday, 11/12--South Sentinel plus a bit extra

2,189, 1:04

I had originally planned on running up to University, but realized that may have been a bad idea considering the conditions (windy, cold, and I woke up with a slightly congested throat).  So I went back home after running down towards the saddle a ways, and indulged in hot chocolate.  Temps were about 10 in the mountains, but well below zero with windchill.  My buff started to freeze solid.

Thursday, 11/13--South Sentinel

1,850', 50 minutes

An easy run up and down the hill.  Temps were about the same as yesterday, but no wind on the ridge, so I felt way overdressed.  Legs felt okay, not great.  I still have a bit of a cold, so pushing myself and breathing hard, especially in cold weather, doesn't seem great.

Friday, 11/14--South Sentinel

1,850', 48 minutes

Legs felt good today, and my cold is nearly gone.  This was quicker than usual because I was trying to squeeze it in before an afternoon class.

Saturday, 11/15--University Mt. via Pengelly

3,455', 1:56

Wow.  Today was gorgeous.  I took it pretty easy and took quite a few pictures along the way.  It was a little rough going up University, with several inches of soft snow still lingering.  This was really fun to run down.  I didn't see anyone except for on the Fire Road and Pengelly.

Sunday, 11/16--Up South Sentinel, Down Sentinel & Back

4,144', 1:59

A nice easy long run with some decent vert.  I had to take it pretty slow going down Sentinel, since I'm still getting used to snow running.  Nice to see quite a few people still out taking advantage of the trails.  Temps around 20 degrees.



13,488', 7:27

The first cold week of the fall.  I don't really have anything big in my schedule, so now it's kind of just about staying in shape.  I haven't ever been running this much vertical this late in the year.  The trails may get snowed in for real soon, so it's best to take advantage of them now.


No comments:

Post a Comment