Sunday, October 12, 2014

Oct. 6th to Oct. 12th

Monday, 10/6--Off

Tuesday, 10/7--Intervals w/Run Wild Missoula

5 x 2 laps around the soccer field w/warm up, cool down, ~50 minutes

The legs still felt The Bear, but I was able to run about where I usually run, maybe a little slower.  Splits were in the 3:40s, with my fastest lap being 1:45.  Perfect time of day to run, right before sunset.

Wednesday, 10/8--South Sentinel to Fire Road to Sentinel and back the short way

3,143', 1:31

An easy midday run.  My left knee felt a little weird after the longer downhills, but it would go away after a couple more minutes of running.  The heat got to me a little bit, definitely looking forward to the coming cold front (and snow!).

Thursday, 10/9--South Sentinel to Sentinel to trailhead and back

4,077, 1:51

Same route as last week, and about the same time--slightly slower, but more even on the splits this week.  My hamstrings felt a little sore, so I took it easy.  I'm still in the process of recovery, but feeling better by the day.

Friday, 10/10--Mt. Sentinel Tempo Run

1,906', 36 minutes

I knew I probably didn't have a PR in my legs yet, but wanted to get used to pushing it on the uphill.  Splits were about 24 minutes up taking the switchbacks, and 12 down avoiding the switchbacks, with more of a focus on the uphill.  I'll need to do a few more of these (but not too many!) if I'm going to even get under 21 minutes on the Hillclimb.  I think the route is a little slower going up the switchbacks, and it's certainly much more runnable.

Saturday, 10/11--South Sentinel to Fire Road and back

2,978', 1:16

Another repeat of one of last weeks runs.  About the same time, same effort.  I felt really good on this run again, and got into a rhythm where I was able to just cruise.  The uphills were slightly faster than last week, and the downhills slightly slower.

Sunday, 10/12--South Sentinel to Fire Road, Up Sentinel Gulch, Down Sentinel and back

6,066', 2:32

This was such a good run!  I wish I'd brought my camera, because I spotted a jack o'lantern off the side of the trail, and the lighting was beautiful.  A few sprinkles from short and light rain showers, along with the cool breeze, helped me to keep a good tempo.  Moderate effort, longest day since the Bear 100, and longest training day since before The Rut.


18,170', 8:36

This week may have been a bit too fast overall, but I feel good, and feel recovered.  It's two weeks out until I start a three week spree of short races, so I'll need to focus on including easier days coming up.  I'm certainly getting some quality, but probably too much.


The Swedes always have some great music happening:


No comments:

Post a Comment