Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sept. 28th to Oct. 5th

Monday, 9/28 to Thursday, 10/2--Off

Friday, 10/3--Up South Sentinel, down Sentinel Proper and back

4,288', 1:50

A brisk run (both in terms of temperature and tempo) up on the hill again.  It's good to be back, and to be able to run for awhile without having to taper or focus on any big races.  The legs responded pretty well, even going a little faster than usual, probably because I was antsy to get out.  I ran up Sentinel via the switchbacks just to get an idea of what my effort should be like for the Sentinel Hill Climb in three weeks.  I'll see how I do on recovery--right now it's going great--but I'll have to be well recovered if I want to have a shot at the 20 minute realm.  Sub 22 seems likely, sub 21 iffy, and sub 20, well ... that's three and a half weeks from now.  Be patient.

Saturday, 10/4--University + Up and Downs on Pengelly

4,369', 2:11

Went for an easy run up to the beacon, and then ran into Jimmy Grant on the way back down Pengelly.  I joined him for another lap up Pengelly, and then ran back to the house.  The legs felt alright, but I still feel a few tweaks working their way out from last weekend.

Sunday, 10/5--South Sentinel, down to the Fire Road and back

2,951', 1:15

A midday run at a moderate pace.  This hill gets so much sun that I still feel a little hampered by the heat.  This again was a little faster than usual, without having to give extra effort.  I guess this is what happens when I recover appropriately, and don't run 30,000 vert. weeks.  Feeling good.



11,608', 5:14

A pretty low key week, with a lot of rest and easing back into high turnover.  I'll see how these next few weeks go, but I might just focus on hill sprinting once my legs are back up to full speed.  Hopefully training for the Sentinel Hill Climb will translate well to Montana Cup the week after.  Just short and fast races the rest of the year.


No pictures this week, but I was psyched to see this video come out:


No comments:

Post a Comment