Sunday, October 19, 2014

Oct. 13th to Oct. 19th

Monday, 10/13--Off

Tuesday, 10/14--Hill Intervals w/Run Wild Missoula

753', ~50 minutes

This was a hard workout.  After a warmup with a few hundred feet of climbing, we sprinted up a grassy slope 6 times, maybe about a 70 foot climb.  I had trouble staying ahead of some folks I'm usually well ahead of, maybe because this was about the equivalent of a 200 meter sprint in terms of time.  Fast stuff is difficult!

Wednesday, 10/15--South Sentinel down to Evans St. and back up

3,584', 1:41

An easy run in some windy and slightly rainy weather.  I stopped to take a few pictures, changed in and out of my jacket a couple times, and took it really easy on the downhills.  Just a day to enjoy the scenery and the weather (I prefer light rain to sun).

Thursday, 10/16--South Sentinel to Sentinel to trailhead and back

4,144', 1:50

Another Thursday run on this route, clocking about the same time as last week (slightly faster).  Moderate pace, beautiful day.  Legs felt okay, but I think that Tuesday workout was a little too short, hard and fast for me.

Friday, 10/17--Mt. Sentinel Tempo Run

1,948', 36 minutes

This week was a little slower on the uphill (24:xx), and a little faster on the downhill (11:xx) for about the same time overall as last week.  I was pushing it on the uphill, but I still feel confident about getting under 22 on this route.  Coming in rested next week and having competition should shave off some time.

Saturday, 10/18--University Mt. and back via Pengelly

3,455', 1:38

The legs felt pretty good today, particularly on the downhills.  Moderate pace.  About 59 minutes to the summit, 39 minutes back.  Weather was nearly perfect for running, only slightly too warm.

Sunday, 10/19--South Sentinel, Sentinel Gulch, down Sentinel and back

6,071', 2:29

Another repeat from last week, a few minutes faster.  This was a midday run, so the heat got to me a bit, but I feel like I handled it well.  Note: I had to switch out from my normal running shoes because I realized the soles were falling off.  That's a first for me.



19,955', 9:04

This felt like a solid week, with some of the runs actually making my legs a little sore.  I'm not sure how many weeks with around 20k of gain I'll get in, it's about time to start petering down for the rest of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment