Thursday, November 27, 2014

Nov. 24th to Nov. 27th

Monday, 11/24--Off

Tuesday, 11/25--Intervals w/Run Wild Missoula

3, 2, 1 minute efforts x 3 w/1 min rests btwn intervals, 3 min. btwn sets, ~50 minutes

There was only two of us!  I guess everyone was either traveling or didn't want to run in the rain.  This was a good workout, but I always feel a little flat on Kim Williams.  I had trouble switching to a faster speed for the 1 minute efforts.

Wednesday, 11/26--Pattee Canyon/Maurice loop

303', 20 minutes

Snow!  This was a nice twilight run before dinner, and the snow didn't matter much on most of the route except for one short, steep 100' hill where I almost slid a couple times.  It's beautiful out with the snow.  Hope it sticks!

Thursday, 11/27--Turkey Day 8k, 4th place

nill, 28:49

A great start to Thanksgiving!  I didn't feel that fast, and ran the first mile a little slower than I'd have liked (~5:50), but was able to run a little faster later in the race to secure a solid, but distant 4th.  There were a couple icy spots, and I tried to stick to crunchy snow in the road as opposed to what could possibly be ice.  I wasn't ever really in the front pack, but was close enough to see the battle up front play out.  It's pretty impressive to watch those guys keep rolling out 5:20s on a snowy course!



Vert.=not much, 1:39

Time for a hiatus.  I might try to learn to cross country ski, and do some circuit training, but won't have much of a focus on training for awhile.  The goal is to not run, so that I really, really miss running and am all ready to focus on whatever is in the cards for next year.  It's ugly sweater, eggnog belly time.

Not sure if I'll keep this blog going--it's served its purpose (giving myself an honest look at how I train).  I feel like it's become enough of a habit for me to keep a log on my own without the pressure of any audience, and I'm starting to understand the basics of training.  This has been a good year for speed--set PRs in everything from 400 meters to the marathon (which are the only PRs I care about--I need to run in the mountains if running more than a marathon).  Good year of training!  Looking forward to some mindful rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment