Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sept. 15th to Sept. 21st

Monday, 9/15--Off

Tuesday, 9/16--Mile Time Trial w/Run Wild Missoula

Warm up, mile, cool down, ~50 minutes

I woke up feeling pretty alright, so decided I could see how recovery was going, and see if maybe I hadn't put enough out on the course.  I ran a PR of 5:14, which was nice but helped to confirm my doubt that I had given my all at The Rut.  I may have pulled it off just because I'm fit, but I was really surprised to get under 5:30.  It was still a horrible mile, with a first lap in 72 seconds and then 80ish second laps thereafter.  And it still hurt to run that fast.  Next year I better be running a 7 minute mile.

Wednesday, 9/17--Off

Thursday, 9/18--South Sentinel/Sentinel Loop via Fire Road

2,096', 1:13

An easy run in some rain and through the first hint of fall colors (brilliant orange bushes on the backside of South Sentinel).  Legs felt okay, but the downhills felt pretty slow.  I hit the summit of S. Sentinel in just under 35 minutes--not too slow, but definitely slower than normal after a rest day.

Friday, 9/19--Night Run, University Mt.

3,112', 1:50

An easy run testing out some lighting systems and my pack for next week's big run.  I had a high power headlamp on my forehead, and a medium power light on my waist.  This definitely worked pretty well.  Running on some steep stuff let me get used to switching pivots on my forehead headlamp (low pivot for downhill, high pivot for uphill).  The run felt a little slower on more rocky terrain, but other than that splits were pretty normal.  The run started just after sunrise, so I got to experience the whole transition to darkness.

Saturday, 9/20--Sapphire Loop (Crooked Canyon, Pattee Canyon, University, South Sentinel)

3,407', 2:08

Another easy run with a pack on, including water.  I hit the end of the run just to watch part of the Mountain West track meet.  After stopping a bit to take pictures, all the cheering even had me running faster.  Despite not being fully recovered yet, I'm getting pretty excited to do another 100 miler.

Sunday, 9/21--Off (packing, studying)

I was hoping to run today, but ran out of time.  If I want to fit in any short runs this next week, I basically need to pack today for Friday's race.  Busy!


8,615', 6:01

A super light week, even lighter than expected, but it's better to err on the side of too little than too much.  Legs are feeling good, I just don't have much time to run because everything's getting squeezed into these next few days so that I can get my drop bags to Utah by 5:30 on Thursday.  Busy busy busy!  This weeks photos will go in next week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment