Sunday, February 9, 2014

Feb. 3rd to Feb. 9th

Monday, 2/3, Rattlesnake Lolligagging

14 miles, 1:58

I made my way up along Rattlesnake Creek from campus, and spent a lot of time following random tracks that didn't really go anywhere in particular.  It was a little windy in town, so I was just happy to be in the trees, not too concerned with where I was going.  Eventually, I made it up to the Rattlesnake Trailhead from trail 112, and then flipped it back to campus.

Tuesday, 2/4, Cherry Gulch/Sawmill Gulch/Lincoln Hills Loop

15 miles, 2:09

Almost too cold for me.  5 degrees, -12 with wind chill.  Brrr!  At one point on the run I tromped through a field to get to lower ground.  I know I should stay on trails, but the trail was heading to windier ground and I couldn't feel my face.  I ran a mile or so up the Main Rattlesnake Trailhead, flipped it, and came back on some trails that popped out at Lincoln Hills Road.

Wednesday, 2/5, Treadmill Tempo Run

9 miles, 57 minutes

I needed to get at least one fast workout in this week, and that wasn't going to happen in zero degree weather.  1 percent grade, 6:22 pace.  This one felt more in control than my last treadmill tempo, and was at a slightly faster pace.  I'll probably shoot for around 6:02 pace at Snow Joke, to get in at 1:19.

Thursday, 2/6, North Hills Loop w/Jimmy

13 miles, 1:47

Another day exploring the North Hills.  It was in the negatives, so I was wearing about as much clothing as I could bear to wear, and actually felt comfortable.  Ran from my apartment to the saddle north of Waterworks, took the Peas Farm Loop to Tom Green Park, then ran through Greenough Park, and back into town.  I'm starting to get to know the trail link ups fairly well, at least in this one small part of town.

Friday, 2/7, Marshall Canyon Road

20 miles, 2:48

Ran from campus out to the Marshall Mountain Ski Area, then tried to do a link up with some trails north of Jumbo but was turned back due to postholing.  I ran around in the neighborhoods for a bit, then hopped over to Kim Williams and ran back to campus.  Longest run for awhile, and I was feeling it at the end.  Too many miles too many days in a row.

Saturday, 2/8, Off (visiting Livingston)

Sunday, 2/9, Postholing Sentinel

14 miles, 2:33

After a long drive, sometimes a good postholing is nice.  Ran up the fire road, up Sentinel, down Crazy Canyon and down Pattee Canyon, with a bit of wandering here and there.  Slowest mile was 30 minutes.


85 miles, 12:12

This whole running in the winter thing is becoming a bit of a challenge, especially throwing trails into the mix.  I might be forced to start logging more road miles again, if only for the sake of time.  It might be best to leave some exploring for spring time.

Duncan Bridge

Cherry Gulch

Rattlesnake Main Trail

A frozen Clark Fork

I only climb mountains for the view

University Mountain


Tunes (not timely, but still damn good):



No comments:

Post a Comment