Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 2nd to June 8th

Monday, 6/2--Up Pengelly, Down the North Pengelly, Up Sentinel Gulch, Down the North Ridge a bit and back

5,104', 2:21

This morning was one of those days where I felt like crap, but once I started running things came together.  I blame it on the celebratory double helpings of ice cream for doing 40+k.  Really beautiful morning, though.  And avoiding the heat is a good incentive to get up early.

Tuesday, 6/3--Up Pengelly, Down North Pengelly, Up Sentinel and back

4,123', 1:58

Another overcast morning with a few patterings of rain.  Legs didn't feel too peppy, but today's the end of the hard stuff, so that's okay.

Wednesday, 6/4--Off (traveling)

Thursday, 6/5--Off

Friday, 6/6--Northern Wisconsin Bush Running

10 miles, 1:11

I went out for what I thought would be a tempo run on an old logging road, but it turned out to be so bushy that my legs got cut up a bit, and my hair was wet from brushing all the dew off of the jungly leaves.  My pace went from 6 flat on dirt road, to about 8 minutes in the jungle.  Definitely not what I'd expected of Wisconsin, but good training for log jumping.

Saturday, 6/7--Off

Sunday, 6/8--Off


9,227', 5:30

A low volume week with late nights of feasting and drinking.  I'd hoped to run at least five days this week, but couldn't make it happen since I was helping out with a wedding in Northern Wisconsin.  The break will probably benefit my running, especially after the huge volume of the prior two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment