Sunday, March 2, 2014

Feb. 24th to March 2nd

Monday, 2/24, River Trails

15 miles, 2:02

Shuffled along an extra snowy Kim Williams Trail out to Deer Creek, took roads back, and ran out to the end of the Milwaukee Trail and back.  Packed snow except for the first 4 miles or so on Kim Williams.

Tuesday, 2/25, 

Afternoon, Bitterroot Branch Loop, 9 miles 1:07

Out on Bitterroot Branch, over to the University on Kim Williams, then some wondering in the neighborhoods to add on a few miles.  First run since the race where I felt good.

Evening, Intervals w/RWM, 7.5 miles, 1:07

More of a social run than a workout today.  Ran with a few guys out to Kim Williams from Dornblaser track (where the interval workouts are usually held by now, but it's covered in a foot of snow).  I don't think I ever broke 6:20 pace, but the workout was 3 x 2k.  An easy day with a fair amount of mileage.

Wednesday, 2/26, Beer Run in North Missoula

11.5 miles, 1:41

A nice easy outing from Sean Kelly's, with a beer in the middle of it.  The group run was 5 miles, but I tacked on a few more running to and from downtown.  My right achille's heel felt really tight, and I think it might be from unexpectedly hitting a subnivean railing when crossing some train tracks the other day with my forefoot.  It's something to monitor, especially if I do any hard work on hills this week.

Thursday, 2/27, Crooked Trail w/Jimmy and Jed

13 miles, 2:07

Soft snow and a fair bit of vertical made this run a little slow, and it was my first time checking out Crooked Trail, which is fairly close to my apartment.  It's definitely a trail to return to when I'm not trying to get a lot of flat in.  The achille's still felt tight, but felt the same after the run as before.  I'm hoping I'll still be able to run and it will fade away, but I'll avoid speedy workouts until it fades.

Friday to Sunday, Off

I became a little worried about the achilles, and my "achille's heel" in running is pushing it too hard, so I decided to play it safe and back off.  The blizzard that caused an avalanche in town definitely helped me to stay unmotivated.  I've been doing some light stretching, and the tightness was gone by this morning, but I'd rather err on the side of too much rest than pushing it too much and getting injured.  Tomorrow I'll give the achilles an easy test run, and make sure not to run through any powder where I can't see what I'm about to step on!


56 miles, 8:04

An easy week, which is probably needed.  Even if I didn't need it physically, it's good for staying hungry.  It's caused me to reevaluate some races, though, and I've decided to put things on hold for awhile racing wise, maybe until May.  I want to focus on speed, and, soon, hills, but I'm afraid I might push things too hard with a race close on the horizon.  Right now I just want to be hungry to get out on the trails once the weather turns favorable.

Before the storm

It's been snowing almost the whole time since I snapped this picture three days ago


Another tune on KEXP, from our (almost) neighbor state:





No comments:

Post a Comment